Monday, April 6, 2009

STAMP CAMP PROJECT - CARD BOX USING SIMPLY SCRAPPIN

We had a great time at STAMP CAMP. We made 11 projects. 5 of them are the cards that go in this card box. We used the Stampin UP! Sunshine Garden Simply Scrappin kit and made the cards that go inside. You can make about 50 plus different cards from this kit, or you can use the kit to do scrapbooking. Some of my attendees are scrapbookers and some are card makers. I chose to have everyone make cards to show the versatility of this kit. Now there are 7 cards here. The first two are additional cards I made that I wanted you to see. The next is the clear cardbox and then the 5 cards and envelopes we decorated.

Before we look at each of the cards, I want to let you know that with all orders going in for stamp camp today...take 20% off this Simply Scrappin Kit. My special offer to blog readers and to all those who attended stamp camp.

This first card used some of my leftovers and I made it a birthday card. The colors in this kit are so happy! The cardstock base is certainly celery. The other colors in this kit
are baja breeze, old olive, bashful blue and so saffron. I love them! OK, so my font colors don't match exactly.

In addition, the kit has some gorgeous designer double sided paper from SU! It is wonderful. We used only one sheet for all of these cards and still had lots more paper left for more. The kit has 6 sheets of dsp and 8 sheets of TEXTURED card stock in addition to the 6 sheets of card stock die cut stickers. The stamp set I used here is Simply Said.
We used it for a lot of the sentiments inside cards and on the envelopes also.
Everyone needs a get well card. I used one of the die cuts to make a sun. It could also be the top of a flower. Next I stamped the retro stamp set (love that one!) with the sentiments. Notice how I used one of the sentiments for the flower's stem. Also, I used one of our SU! rhinestone brads as the center of this card. The card stock base is so saffron.

This is the clear box that fits the cards and envelopes perfectly. I got the boxes from an online company called papertrey ink. We are going to try to get a group order for these so we can save on shipping. Please let me know if you are interested. They are really neat and great to package up a few cards for teachers gifts and other gifts. I gave a box of cards to a nurse at work and she loved it. It was an elegant but inexpensive gift. By the way...the ribbon is certainly celery twill that I earned at SU! SALE-A-BRATION, which just ended.


This is the Thank You Note. I used the sentiments from the thank you note mini kit. You can get this kit FREE! with any $40 order from the OCCASIONS MINI. Click on the side button UNDER $10 for the info. This kit is adorable. It comes with little cards and envelopes and a chocolate chip stampin spot. I love the script handwriting "a little note of thanks."

This was one of my favorites. I used certainly celery for the card base and then added the die cuts from the kit. You get 6 sheets of die cuts in this simply scrappin kit. There is so much you could probably split the kit with a friend. The sentiment on the envelope is from the CURVY VERSES stamp set which is so versatile. We use that set quite a bit in class.



There is a brand new stamp set in the occasions mini catalog that is called GREAT FRIEND. I think it is my favorite set in the catalog. It has this wonderful "for you" sentiment written in script, this gorgeous butterfly (a few posts back I showed you the envelopes I made for some birthdays we had at work - see April 1 post), and the leaf branch which is so delicate, and then there is a friend verse that we stamped on the inside of the card. This is the perfect stamp set for Spring! You could use this card for thinking of you or get well or just because. Possibilities are endless. A few of my stamp campers said they don't have enough get well cards. We are going to need to do some of those and will most likely do some at the JUNE 18th Soft Summer Class. I hope you can come to that one.


This is another one of the cards we made. It has so saffron for the card base and I forgot to mention that we used old olive classic ink pad for most all of the stamping on the cards and inside for the verses. The other ink colors we used were so saffron and baja breeze in classic. This was a birthday card.



Tonight or Tomorrow I'm going to post the other projects from Stamp Camp. Wait til you see the home decor pieces that LINDA designed and the gorgeous Technique Card we did as well as the matchbox and necklace that Sandi made.

No comments:

Post a Comment