Thursday, April 23, 2009

HAPPY ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS WEEK

I want to thank our secretaries at work who do so much for us! I got up early today to stamp cards for them. The 2 main secretaries in the office are Debbie and Diana. I made these cards using the Bella Blossoms set and the sponge dauber shading technique. I love this flower as it really lends itself well to this technique. The colors I used were orchid opulence and lovely lilac for the bloom and certainly celery and green galore (I hardly ever use this color, I'm ashamed to say) for the stem and leaf. I then stamped their envelopes using my all time favorite Big Deal SU! alphabet. I have a nice gift to go along with the card for each of them.


These next two cards are for the secretaries in the NICU. They do a lot each day and I really need to thank them for all of their efforts also. I used the 8 great greetings set from the new occasions mini and stamped the flowers, then colored it in with a blender pen and pink pirouette reinker to match the card stock. The flowers in the oval are from the SU! 3 flower punch and then the oval and scallop oval (brand new) were punched as well. The designer paper is from a walk in the garden, which is also new in the Occasions Mini. I used one side of the double sided paper on one card, and one side on the other. I love both sides and sometimes it is really hard to choose between the two, but luckily you get a lot of sheets in the pack. I also used our new eyelet scallop edge punch and gave it a finishing touch. Last week we did these same cards only we made them mother's day cards.


Thanks Gwen, Vanta, Diana and Debbie and all of the secretaries/administrative professionals who do so much every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment