Thursday, April 23, 2009

BABY CARD

My colleague had 2 grandsons in the past few months. How wonderful is that? One is named Micah and one is named Zachary. I think I got the spelling correct on those names, but I'll have to check. I wanted to give the baby's a gift, so I went to Kohls and bought them each an adorable 5 piece pajama set. One is a puppy dog with a cute hat and the other is a lion cub also with the hat. They both come with booties and mittens and are just adorable. I should have made them scrapbooks - I know, I know....I'm a stamper and a scrapbooker, but with so much going on, I barely have time to scrap and stamp for myself and for my classes. I did however, make each one of them a congratulations card to their parents.


This card uses Baja Breeze card stock as the card base. I also used Baja Breeze classic ink. The stamp sets I used were Nursery Necessities (one of my favorites, especially for the statements welcome little one and rockabye baby and also the it's a boy. They also have an it's a girl stamp. This set also has adorable features - the alphabet star, the sailboat, stars, a bird, an elephant. It is one of the cutest sets and really a must have baby set. I also used one of my FREE sale-a-bration stamp sets - congratulations. Boy that set is really going to come in handy for all of these congratulatory upcoming events. The ribbon is white satin ribbon from the new Occasions Mini catalog, and sorry to say I used some "contraband" - the edging was done with one of the Martha Stewart edge punches. However, the same company that makes our SU! punches makes Martha's - EK SUCCESS. So I think I'm safe. Besides...my sister gave me this punch for my birthday. She is a very successful producer and good friend of Martha Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment