Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring into Action Class Featuring the BIG SHOT

I can't wait for class tonight. It is going to be fabulous. I have 4 people - including myself- demonstrating. We all have some great projects. Katie Ford will be demonstrating the Manhattan Texturz Embossing Folder, Hsiao-hui Lin will be using Big Shot box number 2 and the Top Note as well as one of the flower embosslets to make an adorable little purse - she is also doing a surprise Big Shot jewelry piece (sneak peak to her upcoming June SU! jewelry class - to put inside the purse; Sue Erhardt is using the top note to make a really remarkable box with lid, and I have 3 cards. I'm going to give you a sneak peak of 2 of the cards I'm doing.

This first card uses a top note die cut to make a purse. I modified this from a card my friend and co-demonstrator Blaney Spinelli made for a Leadership swap this past January. Isn't this just too cute? I used the SU! designer series paper Good Morning Sunshine to die cut the top note with my BIG SHOT. This die is exclusive to Stampin Up! and probably their most versatile die. It is certainly their most popular. The top note is folded over and since it has two great sides, this is the perfect type of paper for this project. The card base is pacific point blue from our IN COLOR series. I also used a pacific point corduroy button to close the purse and give it some more dimension. The ribbon is apricot appeal grosgrain also from SU! and the sentiment and flowers were stamped in white craft ink.This next card is a direct case from Barb Mann on SCS. I modified it only a little. What I love is that it uses the new scallop oval die cut. I love this die. It has so many possibilities. The card base is kiwi kiss and that is the same card stock that I die cut the scallop oval. The ribbon is striped grosgrain - also in kiwi kiss and a SU! exclusive. The stamp set is Forest Friends and is a new stamp set in the Occasions Mini that is very reasonably priced. In fact it is one of the most inexpensive sets I own. I colored the tree stamp with kiwi kiss ink and chocolate chip and stamped it on an ultra smooth white sheet of card stock that I had die cut with the Big Shot ovals die. It was perfect for this card because it still leaves the designer paper showing. This paper is also from the Good Morning Sunshine pack. The deer is stamped in chocolate chip on close to cocoa card stock. The owl is also stamped in chocolate chip on ultra smooth white cs and then cut out with a 1 1/4 inch circle punch, mounted on a 1 3/8 circle in chocolate chip card stock and popped up with dimensionals onto the card. I did not stamp a sentiment on the inside of the card, but this card is good for thinking of you, get well, birthday, etc. I'm going to let the class attendees decide what sentiments, if any -they want on their cards. I did stamp on the envelope just so I can show an example.
That is it for sneak peaks. I have one more card to show and then all of the projects the other demos will do. We have 19 attendees including myself and we will be at the home of Sue Ehrhardt. She and her husband had their garage finished and it is amazing. It looks like a showroom - I'll have to take photos of it to show you. I also understand that Sue made her famous butter cream chocolate covered eggs for Easter and that she is possibly sticking an egg in each of our surprise take home gifts. She is amazing and I am going to go ahead and publicly thank her now for all of her efforts, not only on this class but all of the classes. She is very inspirational to the group.

No comments: