Saturday, April 18, 2009

ANOTHER CARD FROM SPRING INTO ACTION


This is perhaps the loveliest card I ever made. I am really happy with the results and it's going to be one of my mother's day cards I send out. First off, I got the idea from my good friend and upline Janet Wakeland. Last weekend she invited Katie Ford and I out to her home for a day of stamping. Oh, did we have fun. I think we also knocked Katie's socks off when she saw Jan's crafting room. In any case, I CASED her card (CASED politely means copied and selectively edited, tee hee!) My card has a pink pirouette base - love this color! Next I stamped just the daisy from the Eight Great Greetings Brand New Stamp set from SU! Mini Occasions catalog. I stamped the daisies going up and down. They are all stamped with the mothers day sentiment in classic black ink on ultra smooth white card stock. I then inked up one of my fresh blender pens with pink pirouette reinker and colored in the flowers. Next I punched some pink pirouette with our new SU! eyelet border punch and on top of that layered some paper from A WALK IN THE GARDEN - brand new dsp also in our occasions mini. Underneath this is another piece of dsp of the same color. Then I also stamped the daisies on ultra smooth white and punched it with the oval punch. I used our three flower punch to make mini pink pirouette flowers that I adhered to the daisies on the oval. Then I punched them with a 1/16th punch and added the brads. I adhered this to a punched out scallop oval in dsp and dimensionalized this over the design. I am so happy with my card and just had to share it that night. oops, almost forgot...I took a 2 way glue pen and dotted the centers of the daisies and then put dazzling diamonds glitter on for just the right touch!

This card here is the original version that I made at Jan's with Katie. The card is very similar. Instead of using the eyelet border punch I used the scallop edge punch for a slightly different effect. The card base is so saffron, and instead of designer paper going across the border, I used gray taffeta. This card is really beautiful and although I like the one done in the pink pirouette, I think once a sentiment goes on top of this card, it will be perfect. Which card colors do you like better?


I still have the 3D projects and Katie's embossed card to show you. I had a busy day today so I didn't get to upload them. Tomorrow I'm in York all day for a team meeting but once I get home, I'll be sure to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment