Sunday, April 12, 2009

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!


Happy Easter to all! Allelulia! Allelulia! Allelulia! I love when they say that three times in church! Today is one of the most beautiful church days. We are headed to 7:30 am mass at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Cockeysville, Md. The church will be decorated with beautiful Easter Lillies and it will be nice and bright and we will sing Allelulia. When we get home I have an easter egg hunt for JP and Luigi planned in the back yard - that is - if it is nice weather. It rained most of Saturday, but then got very sunny with a little bit of wind. I keep missing the forecast for Easter, so at this point, I guess I will just be surprised. In any case, the Easter Bunny was here and he left some great treats. I'll post pics later after JP sees what he left. He even left Luigi a present. Of course, I couldn't go a day without stamping, so I took out my inkpads and went to it. This is the card I made for my husband. I really like how springtime it looks. For the card base, I used whisper white card stock. On top of that I put some SU! Apricot Appeal designer series double sided paper. I then diecut a scallop circle with my BIG SHOT out of baja breeze card stock and layered it with a whisper white diecut circle cut from the BIG SHOT. The butterfly is an exclusive die from SU! for the BIG SHOT and I used a different sheet of apricot appeal designer series paper. The sentiment is from a stamp set from last year called Glorious Gift that is since retired. I really love that sentiment and will probably hold onto that set for some time. The butterflies and the flower are stamped in apricot appeal and really add to the card. The ribbon for the butterfly is 1/4 inch apricot appeal grosgrain. I gently brushed baja breeze classic ink around the edges of the card with a dauber (my new favorite tool) and also onto the white circle. I hope Bill likes the card. He will most certainly have a nice Hallmark card for me and I can't wait to read what he wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment