Wednesday, April 15, 2009

DECOR ELEMENTS STENCILS

We have our REMARKABLES TEAM MEETING in York, Pa. this Saturday and I volunteered to do a display board of our BRAND NEW DECOR ELEMENTS STENCILS. I ordered a few different kinds, but by far my favorite is the one I used on this card called Kind Thoughts Flourish. I always thought stencils were for painting and decorating the walls. Then I stumbled on some samples by Patti Bennett and saw how she adapted them to cards. In fact, I have to admit, I somewhat cased this design from her. She used different stamps but had a very similar design to this. For this card, I used chocolate chip card stock as the base. Next I placed Parisian breeze specialty designer paper on top of that. I love that paper. It has the weight of card stock and it has texture to it. I stamped Sense of Time stamp set with chocolate chip classic ink on that paper and also on the BIG SHOT creamy caramel scallop circle die cut. I added crystal effects to the hands on the clock and dotted the center of the inner wheel. The stencil was actually done before the clock. I stenciled using a SU! sponge dauber and baja breeze classic ink. I really began to go to town with this stencil and I also tried the flowing flowers stencil. Tomorrow I'm going to do something with cheap talk stencil. I promise to photograph the other samples I'll be showing at the meeting and put them on my blog soon.

STENCILS - the ones I got
Kind Thoughts Flourish Small 7" by 5 3/4" (116572) $9.95 small (also comes as large for $13.95 11-1/8" by 9" - I used the small on the card)
Flowing Flowers 6 by 10-7/8" (7 stencils) $27.95 - not used in above sample, but will show
you a sample soon
Cheep Talk Branch 14-3/4" by 11-3/8" (10 stencils) $27.95 - not used in above sample, but will show you a sample soon.

I am really liking these stencils, so most likely I will be getting all of them. We will also be using the flourish at an upcoming class.

No comments:

Post a Comment