Thursday, April 2, 2009

SOME GREAT BIRTHDAY CARDS

My Birthday was March 30th. I got some great homemade birthday cards. It was so neat to come home from Hawaii and have lots of mail! I opened card after card. Most were homemade. Actually, all of my friends make my cards and my family buys their cards. Too funny. Over the next couple of days I'm going to share them with you. Here are two cards made by two very sweet friends. The first is made by Rita Gorrick. She used the tea party papers and the delicate dots papers from saleabration. The cake comes from the set Voila.
What I love the most about Rita's cards is her ability to put colors together. Also...look at how neat her handwriting is. I would give anything to have handwriting like that.

The next card comes from another good friend Carol Hartline. She used bashful blue for the base of the card and then her dsp is Rainbow sherbet. The colors in that designer series are so yummy. She used the saleabration set polka dot punches and then with a scallop circle punch she punched out happy birthday which came in a set from last year's saleabration.
On the inside of the card Carol used the saleabration set Congratulations and again used the Rainbow sherbet papers. Really nice Carol. Oh, and did you see how she layered the papers on the card. She also used the scallop edge punch on all of the layers and then poked tiny holes in the bottom. So clever!



More cards coming tomorrow and the next day or so! I might even post again later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment