Saturday, April 11, 2009

DONNA SHADOAN'S BIRTHDAY IS TODAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY GOOD FRIEND DONNA! Today is her birthday! I think she is only about 35, but I could be off by a year or two. At stamp camp a week ago we used the bella bloom to do our technique card with daubers. I knew when I saw Diana Hnat do hers in the blue family that I had to make one too. I decided to make it as my card for Donna to wish her a great day. First I colored the blossom on the stamp with baja breeze and the stem with certainly celery classic inks by SU! Next, I took my sponge dauber and dabbed pacific point to highlight and give some depth to the blossom. I took another sponge dauber and dabbed old olive on the edges of the leaves and a little bit on the stem. I really like how this turned out. My good friend Jill Hilliard did a tutorial on this awhile back. If you go back to her blog you will be able to go to past posts and see exactly how she does this. The card stock I used is pacific point and I also used the daubers to ink the same color along the edges of my whisper white ultra smooth card stock - which is the absolute best card stock in the world. I hope you like this card. If you do and would like to see the technique card I demonstrated for my stamp campers go back to a few posts. I did a 6 by 6 technique card with the same stamps and used cameo coral and rose red. I think I love that color combination.

OK, again, Happy Birthday Donna!

No comments:

Post a Comment