Thursday, April 30, 2009

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW CLASS - USING NEW SU! WINDOW SHEETS

Today I held the first class ever in my new craft studio. I'm so excited. I put the studio shelving/cabinets and craft table in last year. It was my birthday gift and mother's day gift all in one. I'll have photos of the guest attendees and the studio in either the next post or one of the next posts. What I wanted to do tonight is to post the projects from class. 2 of my guests ordered kits so they need to see how to do the cards.

I used the new window sheets from the new SU! occasions mini catalog. They come with 2 sheets that divide into 4 separate pieces. I decided to do cards. The elegance factor goes way up when you use the window sheets. You can stamp on them, use markers, pastels, sew on them, make crafts with them. This first card uses the sheet with the leaves or what some may call wheat in white. I added the thinking of you from the stamp set sincere salutations. The sentiment is stamped in white staz on. The dsp underneath the window sheeting is from the new walk in the park from the occasions mini catalog. I stamped the envelope using kiwi kiss and old olive classic ink using the set wonderful you which is available but on the SU! dormant list.
Inside the card I stamped get well and the sentiment from the stamp set thoughts and prayers. The card base is ultra smooth white card stock which I love to stamp on! It is hands down the best card stock on the market in my opinion - biased of course, because it is from SU! The tree is also stamped - using stampinwrite markers- from the same stamp set.
This adorable matchbox was made with the matchbox die from SU! It is an exclusive BIG SHOT product made for SU! Have you seen the variety of boxes that people have been posting on the web using this? I wanted to showcase the plain window sheets which come in thick and thin and are also by SU! I used the thin ones for the box. First I diecut the base of the box using pretty in pink cardstock. I put the box together 1-2-3. Next I ran the window sheet through to get the slipcase. I stamped the background stamp from sprinkles all over the window sheet in white staz on. It dried pretty quickly. Inside I placed a little card made from us white card stock. I stamped the letters and sentiment from the sets defining alphabet and define your life sets respectively.

This is just another view of the matchbox so you can see the card stamped inside. The ribbon is striped pink pirouette grosgrain, also from SU!


This card is the thank you card in the set. I love the swirl. I attached the card with brads and adhered to it felt fusion flowers. The cardbase is certainly celery card stock. The envelope is stamped with the flourish and flowers and sentiment from baroque motifs.
This next card is one of my favorites. The design on the card is colored with pastels. It is really neat that what you stamp on the window sheet, especially if it is in white - will take on the color you add. You can also color in markers. For this card, I used a pink pirouette base. On top of that I scallop edge punched an ultras mooth white piece of card stock and stamped the flowers from blooming with love stamp set and the sentiment from hope happens. After coloring in the flowers, I ran the stamped piece through the Big Shot to texturize the card stock. I adhered the window sheet to the cardstock with rhinestone brads.
On the inside of the card I paper pieced the wheelbarrow from the blooming with love class. I then added crystal effects and dazzling diamonds glitter to the flowers. I love the effect of the glitter. Such a happy card. I would love to be the recipient of this card.

This last card was cased and I cannot remember from whom. If it is yours let me know and I will give you credit. I love this card. I used a walk in the garden dsp (which by the way is on special May 1-31 with SU! - buy 3 packs get the 4th free!), baja breeze and ultra smooth white card stock punched with the dotted scallop edge punch. The ribbon is white satin and I used flowers and a flat backed pearl from the pretties kit. The stamp set is en ovale (french SU! set - YES YOU CAN GET IT IN FRENCH and also in Spanish!) I used that set stamped in baja breeze on us white and then adhered it to a baja breeze scallop edge oval punch. The envelope also uses the en ovale set and also the level 1 hostess set God's beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment