Friday, April 10, 2009

MORE STAMP CAMP PROJECTS - YEAH!

OK, as promised....here are the other stamp camp projects we did. The first one posted here is the new Matchbox die, exclusive to SU! It is the die to have, if you have to choose one box die. Sandi Haertig, a demonstrator friend of mine, whom I met last Summer, made this box and demonstrated it for the group. "It was really easy to put together," said Sandi. She used the bella bleu double sided papers from SU! and they are just gorgeous. The ribbon is ivory taffeta. 4 nuggets fit nicely inside. What I like about the box is that minimal adhesive is needed.


This project was wonderful. Sandi took one of our vanilla hodgepodge metal label holders and made it a pendant for this necklace. She added crystal effects after she stamped the flowers and it was such a nice touch. Again, she used ivory taffeta ribbon, and she found these wonderful silver clasps to hold the necklace together. I've worn mine around quite a bit and have gotten the nicest comments about it. Great job Sandi! This was her first stamp camp and it was a unanimous decision...she did an awesome job!

Of course, we had to have a bonus project and since it was Easter, I had everyone decorate this tins that I got at the dollar spot at Target. We used our cropadile to punch extra holes and then thread ribbon through. On the front, we placed a decor element flower. I wanted everyone to see how easy they are to apply and to show that they can be used on projects also. Most people are using them on their walls, but I've seen them on so many frames and cabinets and even on cars. They apply like rub-ons, but they are made from strong vinyl. They are not permanent. At stamp camp, the attendees used a pink flower and pink ribbon, but I didn't photograph that one, and all I had left was brown - so that is the one I made at home. I actually like the brown flower. Everyone also made a tag from eggcellent easter stamps. The chick is my favorite. We stamped on watercolor paper and painted/colored the images. Everyone also got all the goodies that go inside. I'm surprised at how good the popcorn Easter egg was. It was really delicious. My dog liked it too.


Did you notice this adorable bunny? Diana Hnat, who was our wonderful hostess, made these as stamp camp favors for everyone. They turned out great. She used designer paper to cover the candy bar and then using different SU! punches she made the parts to make up the bunny. The eyes are goodly eyes. This was such an adorable project that everyone loved!
Stay tuned for tomorrow's post. Donna Shadoan Smith has a birthday and I'll show you the card I made for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment