Thursday, April 16, 2009

A NEW US!

My friend Janice from work has been telling me that I would love my hair if I had it colored with highlights. For years I've been not only a little shy to have my hair colored, I also didn't think I should spend big bucks on my hair when I could do it myself. After almost 10 years of coloring my hair one color, I took the plunge. Janice and I went to the Salon by her house, where she has been having her hair done. I was really excited when I got there. The Stylist - Mia - was wonderful. I told her that I wasn't ready to go bright with highlights, but something subtle would be good. Janice told me that Mia trained at one of the top salons in New York City and was excellent. So I left it up to her to figure out the color. While I was having my hair done, Janice was in the opposite chair getting hers done. Here we are with the foil in our hair.
Ok, the above was the before photo (well, I really should have showed you the me before the foil, but that is not necessary since my hair before didn't look great since it was starting to get overgrown).
Now, in this next photo is the NEW US! How do you like it? I am beyond thrilled. Janice was so right. I do look good in highlights and I love my new "do"! My husband really liked it also, but JP told me he wants the old me back. I think he just needs a few days to get used to it. I really am so in love with this new style and the new color. I just may be a little more daring next time and get slightly brighter highlights. It is really amazing what a good coloring can do for your hair. It is so worth having this done, even if you only do it once. The shine and the color is spectacular.


Photos taken Wednesday April 15th, 2009.

7 comments:

  1. Love the new "do"......

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your hair! I love the highlights too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous Maria!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! I'm "Anonymous". :)
    - Teresa Brethauer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, your hair looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in person tonight!

    ReplyDelete