Wednesday, May 9, 2012

SHOEBOX SWAP CARDS

This past Saturday Rosemary Morgan from the Remarkable Stampers hosted a SU! Shoebox Swap.  12 of us got together and made some gorgeous cards.  I had an amazing time meeting up with some of my fellow remarkable team mates.  It was a great day and because it was Cinco de Mayo we had a great Mexican feast as well.  I want to share with you the cards I made.  Here are some of them.
This first card was designed by Theresa cu.  It is a really neat card and I love the colors.  We stamped the SU! images first and then embossed the stamped card stock with the square lattice embossing folder for the Big Shot.  This card uses my current favorite SU! color - pool party.

The inside of the card and the envelope coordinate so well with the front of the card.


This next card above was designed by Kathy Winland, who is also one of my Stampin Sistah friends.  This set uses the Bordering on Romance stamp set by SU! and the NEW SU! Apothecary framelits.  I love die cutting with these.  All are layered really nicely.  If you click on the card above you will see that I had to add crystal effects and dazzling diamonds (just a small pinch!).
This card is a CASED version of the card below that Cindy Geskey designed. I loved hers so much that I had to actually copy it but it's modified because I needed to case this quickly and didn't want to go find the dsp and cut it out.  Lazy?  Not that is usually not me.  Just pressed for time to get this card out to my friend Mary Jo, whose dad was hospitalized.  This card uses one of the most popular SU! stamp sets LOVELY AS A TREE.
This is the inside of the card.  I wanted to tell her dad that I was praying for him.  He knew that already because I visited him in the hospital.
This is Cindy Geskey's card.  I absolutely loved this card.  It may have been my favorite of the day.  This is a layout I can use over and over again.  And guess what?  The paisley type flower was printed on good copy paper and printed from My Digital Studio.  This is a great tip that Cindy and Lisa shared with us.  If you need to do multiple cards and you need one section of the dsp, print it from My Digital Studio.  I have this paper in MDS and so I can create this exact design over and over again.  And...while the actual dsp may retire, the stamp brush set in your files will never go out of style.

This is a nice touch to the inside of the card.  It's actually a really good idea to put a lighter color cardstock on the inside of a card so that the person sending it can write a nice note to their recipient.
Here's the back of the card.  Cindy didn't miss any real estate on this card.  She even added dsp to the back.  Love it.

More cards in the next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment