Saturday, May 12, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAR FRIEND SANDY

I wanted to make a card for my dear sweet kind friend Sandy Fewster.  She is an amazing lady who volunteers in our Nursery at the hospital.  She is so kind to everyone and is an amazing human being.  Today I'm bringing her a little gift and wanted a card to go with it.  At last week's shoebox swap I really loved Theresa's card using the NATURE WALK stamp set from SU!  I really liked Theresa's colors so I chose them for this card.  Notice that the pool party card stock is embossed and the very vanilla was die cut with the Top Note die for the BIG SHOT.

I couldn't find my very vanilla or taupe satin ribbon, so I stained some whisper white with coffee.  I always have plenty of coffee around.  I stamped the bird and used some smooch translucent pearl on it and also on some of the other images.  SU! will discontinue selling this kind of smooch on May 31st.  I think there may still be smooch on the discontinued and available list, but most of the SU! accessories are going.  Luckily this stamp set and the pearls and vintage brads are staying.  I used a pearl for the bird's eye and colored it with a sharpie marker.  Up close on the card, this looks almost like a real bird's eye.  I love this effect.  I added dimensionals to the back of the die cut top note so it stands out on the card.  All of the other images are also from NATURE WALK.  The background is stamped with the image SANDED.  Oh, how I love this card.  Part of this card was CASED from my SU! demonstrator magazine called STAMPIN SUCCESS that I receive FREE each month from SU! as a demonstrator.


BY THE WAY - DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN JOIN SU! YOUR WAY FOR ONLY $99?
IT'S AN AMAZING DEALEmail me for more info or go to my website.


Here's the inside of my card:
I stamped the Happy Birthday from one of my SU! Birthday wishes sets and the
You are Wonderful in Every Way is stamped from MANY MESSAGES FOR MOM - a stamp set that sadly is on the to be discontinued list. 

Sandy is a wonderful friend and I can't wait to give  her this card.

Love you Sandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment