Friday, May 18, 2012

EVERYTHING ELEANOR-MY SBS CARD AND MORE

A few weekends ago Rosemary Morgan hosted several of us SU! demonstrators and friends for a Shoebox Swap (SBS).  I don't think I posted the card that I designed for the swap.  I wanted to use my BRAND NEW SU! stamp set EVERYTHING ELEANOR.  I've shown you some things made with this set before, but I'm not sure if I have ever used several of the stamps from the set on one card.  This stamp set will be in the NEW IDEA BOOK BY STAMPIN UP! on June 1st.  As a SU! DEMONSTRATOR attending the SU! Leadership this year, I was given this stamp set for FREE!  What a perk to being a demonstrator.

I really love this set.  The swirls are so brilliant and bold!  The flowers are gorgeous.  I actually made the largest flower dimensional by layering it with cut flowers and adhering the individual flower layers with SU! dimensionals.  The colors are Blushing Bride and Poppy Parade.  These colors are the IN COLORS for SU! for 2010-12.  SU! just announced that we should not completely retire these colors because in the future they will be bringing one or more of these colors back.  I LOVED these IN COLORS.  I'm so glad for this announcement. 

Because I loved this card layout so much, I actually made a few different cards with the same colors and idea.

This card is very similar.  I used the CREATIVE ELEMENTS set and the RETIRING BUTTERFLY PRINTS set that you can purchase ONLY until May 31st.  The butterfly prints set coordinates well with the butterfly punch that is retiring also.  Boo hoo!  I really like the butterfly punch.  I'll be holding onto my sets and punch, but you can still get them.   Here's what is included in the BUTTERFLY PRINTS set.  I wanted you to see it so you can see the different butterflies that are in the set.
 
Lastly, here's the card design again.  I just turned it on it's side.  I used a retiring set (flowers and swallows) and the sentiment I'M PRAYING FOR YOU is from the CURRENT BLESSINGS FROM HEAVEN set that will be in the NEW idea book.  Lots of great cards and so much fun to design a card that I can change up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment