Thursday, June 24, 2010

ENJOY EVERY MOMENT - WHILE IT LASTS


I just wanted to share a card today that I made yesterday to send to my mom. I recently opened up a package of Kaleidoscope dsp by SU! I've shared some cards with it, but since it is retiring, I thought I better make a few more things with it. Crushed curry card stock is retiring also and believe it or not it is on sale for only 1/2 price for the pack at the 2009-2010 prices (card stock will go up from $5.50 to $6.95 on July 1st. Anyway....This card was really easy to make. I used the crushed curry for the card base and the label holder. The ribbon is striped grosgrain and there is good news about that. Even though that ribbon is retiring, you can still get it for My Digital Studio. All 6 rolls are for sale in my online store as a package (can be used with any computer program that takes a jpeg!) I just cut a piece of dsp 4 inches by 5 1/4 inches and then cut it 2/3 by 1/3 (approx) and used the back side for the bottom. I added a teeny tiny wishes sentiment to the front of the card.Inside the card and on the envelope I used the stamp set Enjoy Every Moment. I really love this set and it has really fond memories for me. We've used it at a number of classes in the past 2 years or so. I will definitely be keepting this set. The colors used are dusty durango (also retiring) and crushed curry.

Here is another view of the outside and below is a close up of the front. I also die cut some butterflies using my SU! butterfly embosslit. I like how it die cuts and embosses at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment