Sunday, June 13, 2010

WITH GRATITUDE CARD

I am so grateful to SU! for all of their wonderful products that they let me demonstrate to my customers and my friends. I have been with the company for about 7 years and I have loved every minute. I'm so looking forward to the new Idea Book that debuts on July 1st. I've already received my copy and let me tell you that it is "to die for!" When I made this card and the stepped up version below, I was in a very grateful mood.

This card uses Bermuda Bay as the card base. The other colors used are other 2009-10 In Colors - dusty durango and crushed curry. I first stamped the background Gratuitous Graffiti using Bermuda Bay classic ink. I decided to go for the tone on tone effect. Next I layered a scallop (die cut with my Big shot and texturized with the square lattice die) with an image from the retiring stamp set Gallery. The sentiment in the middle is from the think happy thoughts set which is also on the SU! last chance list. Their is a 3/4 inch circle on the inside. A rhinestone brad holds a mini flower punch and there it is a great card.
This card with the medallion stamped using dusty durango on the card stock by the same name. Believe it or not, it was actually very easy to stamp. The stepped up version of the card is this one. Can you tell what I did to step it up? I ran the basic cardstock through the Big Shot and used the square lattice embossing folder for this very cool effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment