Sunday, June 20, 2010

FATHER'S DAY THIS WEEKEND - NEW CARD

I wasn't sure if I would miss every color that is retiring from SU! - especially Handsome Hunter. I was looking to rearrange my card stock and was going to pull all of the retiring colors when I stumbled upon the Handsome Hunter. I pulled it out and die cut a Big Shot Top Note. Then, since I had recently gotten my new Idea Book (demonstrators receive their copies in June) from SU! and a preorder of some great items coming in July - I decided to go to town using the new stuff. One of the best new products SU! is putting out July 1st is a new embossing folder called vintage wallpaper. I used it on the Handsome Hunter Top note. I love this folder. I think it could fast take over my love of the square lattice folder which I used on the River Rock card stock base (p.s River Rock is returning July 1st!). I had some alpine ribbon left and I just took my new River Rock stampin write marker and colored the cream part. The ribbon then matched my card really well.
Father's day is this Sunday (I know...where is the year going?) and I needed to quickly get a card off to my dad. He lives in NJ and even though I'm in Maryland, the mail can be so hit or miss and I just don't like it when holiday cards arrive after the holiday (except for Christmas when I feel some of those delayed cards help extend the spirit!). So, in addition to the top note...I punched some stars using my large and small star punch and also punched a modern label punch. I stamped Happy Father's Day from the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes onto whisper white card stock and punched it out with the word window punch. Those two punches I just mentioned - modern label and word window - go together so well and may just be the two punches I reach for the most, other than the varying circle size punches.
Inside I added the border from the die cut top note, which I don't usually do. I usually end up throwing those into the recycle bin but honestly, why waste the card stock. The Handsome Hunter goes so well with the River Rock! I stamped 2 sentiments on the inside. The top is stamped on designer paper called Jackpot (retiring June 30th) that I also used on the large star punch for the card front. The sentiment is from the stamp set One of a Kind. The sentiment below is from one of my new favorite sentiment stamp sets called Full of Life.
Text ColorAnd here is a close up of one part of the card so that you can see the detailed embossing you get with your Big Shot. I even embossed the modern label punch and I could have done the stars, but I had to run out the door to work and really wanted to get the card in the mail. I think the designer paper for the punched star did the trick and the real red coloring really added to the card.

Hope my dad gets this card on time and I hope he enjoys the sentiments inside. I love my dad and am so happy to be able to have the ability to make him a card for his special day!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE FATHER'S OUT THERE, EVERYWHERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment