Thursday, June 17, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL HARTLINE - MY CARD FOR YOU DEAR FRIEND

Oh, dear Carol! I hope you have the sweetest celebration today for your birthday and I'm so happy that I will see you tomorrow at our SU! class. You deserve the BEST day! I made this card with envelope for you using one of the best new stamp sets from the mini catalog for SU! called Sweet Scoops. I just LOVE!!!! the Ice Cream Cones!!!! They are adorable and remind me of summertime fun! Ok...I used a lot of different sets on your card/envelope so let me describe everything. First of all the designer paper is from the main Idea book called Kaleidoscope #115680 ($9.95 while supplies lasts). It is a Shelly Gardner (CEO and cofounder of SU!) hand picked paper pack of dsp for the idea book. There are so many wonderful papers in this pack you can't go wrong using either side. Although you may want to get 2 packs because the paper is so delicious that you will want to use both sides. Here is the pack pictured below so you can see the different designs.

The stamp set is sweet scoops and it is adorable. You get your choice of ice cream cones and varying sentiments. One of the sentiments wishes a sweet celebration and that is exactly what I wish for you my dear friend Carol. You can see that sentiment in the inside of the card pictured below. The other sentiments - birthday wishes and celebrating all week long come from a brand new level 3 hostess set that will be a must on everyone's wish list come July 1st. It is called Occasional Quotes.My envelope has Carol's name stamped with the Outline alphabet which is retiring June 30th (boo hoo hoo!) There is so much you can do with that set it is worth it for the versatility. Besides, everyone should own at least 2 or 3 alphabet sets. I colored carol's name in and then punched some tiny blossoms with the new punches from the mini catalog called itty bitty punch pack and placed pearls inside. So elegant, don't you think? The Birthday Block is another stamp that is an under $10 stamp in the summer mini. I love the sentiment. The butterfly is also from the mini catalog and is an under 10 stamp called All a Flutter. Lastly, the words on the back of the envelope such as make a wish, eat cake, party hearty, etc. comes from a stamp set called Everything Nice. I think what I might like most of all about this card is the little cherry at the top that I made shine with crystal effects and the pretty in pink striped grosgrain ribbon that I customized by adding marker color to make 3 different colors. Really cool effects on a great card for a great friend.
sweet scoops stamp set

No comments:

Post a Comment