Saturday, December 12, 2009

A TRIP TO BOYD'S BEAR COUNTRY

WELCOME TO PENNSYLVANIA

Jan took all of the Remarkably Achieving Demonstrators on one of the greatest field trips. We went to Boyd's Bear Country in Gettysburg. It was a really cold day on the outside, but a warm day on the inside. The place was really nicely decorated for Christmas.
Those bears really warm your heart. I was really happy on this trip. In this photo above I'm sitting with one of the bears who is sewing, something I really love to do. In fact, one of my childhood memories was brought back so vividly. My parents gave me sewing lessons when I was little - and it was one of the best gifts I ever received from them. To this day, I can sew almost anything - not that I do a lot, but I can do it, and I'll always be grateful. So sitting in this bear scene was truly heartwarming for me.
Here was another fun photo. This is Santa Bear and I made sure I told him all I wanted for Christmas this year. Of course I told him I want SU! Big Shot dies and brand new Vinyl from SU! that I can use in the Big Shot and that all of this is available on sale from SU! this week. I would bet some of this will be in my stocking or under the tree this year.
Although I have over 250 photos from this great excursion yet to be shown (including the group photo taken by the president of Boyd's Bears), one of my favorite that I had to show you is this one with my dear SU! friend - Brenda Witt. Here we posed in front of the Boyd's Bears Farm animals. I love Brenda. She is sweet and dear and has a heart of gold. I really wanted to tell you about her because she is my stamping buddy at RAD. She and I sat together last year and we are together again this year. Luckily we are buddies, because we are helping each other to accomplish so many projects for SU! to show you, and getting way more done on RAD than either one of us alone. So in the future when I refer to Brenda, you will know whom I am speaking.

When I get home from RAD I will be sharing more adorable Boyd's Bears. I have to say they remind me so much of SU! Build a Bear - and I do have a lot of Build a Bear by SU! to share because SU! is coming out with so many cool new Build a Bear dies including new clothing and costume apparel for the bears you can die cut. We all made 2 scrapbook pages based on our trip, which I hope to share, that used Big Shot SU! Build a Bear dies.

So much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Maria, I'm so glad you got to go to Boyd's, it is a really cool place and especially nice near the holidays! Sounds like you are having fun!! But no surprise there, Jan always makes things fun!! Lucky you!! - Sandi Haertig

    ReplyDelete