Wednesday, December 9, 2009

HOME FOR CHRISTMAS 3D FRAMED PROJECT

THIS PROJECT MADE ME CRY
IT IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PROJECTS
I HAVE EVER SEEN

This framed project is made using the Home for Christmas stamp set 111756 for only $18.95

When you look at the doorway in the Home for Christmas stamp set, you can't help but feel that inside that door a warm fire crackles and an easy chair awaits your arrival. As you lean your skis against the solid home and lift the latch, the smell of hot chocolate wafts through the air welcoming you home for Christmas.

To do this project justice...I had to take it out of the beautiful frame and photograph it without the glass. It is gorgeous!
This project is yet another CAROL HARTLINE creation. She really did a wonderful job. I know this project took some time but when you really need to make something like this for someone special, you know it is made with a lot of love and care. The details are amazing. I actually enlarged sections of the project so that you get a better idea.


Carol needed to stamp this set several times so that she could cut different portions out. Some of the images are stamped on kraft card stock 107070 and some are stamped on garden green card stock 107096 and some on very vanilla ultra smooth card stock 106530 and some on Not Quite Navy card stock 107095 and some on real red card stock 106545. Carol used basic black ink to stamp the images and hand water colored as well using her SU! watercolor crayons. Did you know they come in neutral colors 106746 as well as all of our 48 main colors? After you stamp the images and color them, take care cutting out the parts you want to highlight. It is best to use SU! paper snips for cutting 103579. As they cut with the greatest detail. Adhere them to the project in 3D fashion using SU! DIMENSIONALS 104430.
Carol added chunky glitter in white 108797 and crystal iris 111343 using SU! tombow multipurpose adhesive 110755 - which is the best way to adhere the chunky glitter. Carol's attention to detail is impeccable. The glitter truly looks like fresh fallen snow.

If you would like to make this project you can order any and all of the supplies listed above through my online store.

2 comments:

  1. Maria, After looking at the picture and reading your paragraph I feel like I want to go to that home! You know I was thinking pretty much the same thoughts as I made this and thats what really got me about that stamp set. It's amazing that we can take a thing like a stamped image and make it come to life with feeling! Now thats a Stamp set I'd want if I didn't have it. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Carol and I must say this has to be one of the most beautifully decorated for the holidays. Wish it were my home. Actually, with this project and with your snowman wreath...I already feel at home!

    ReplyDelete