Saturday, December 5, 2009

STAMPERS DELIGHT - FOOD OF STAMP CAMP

THE FOOD ALONE MAKES STAMP CAMP WORTH IT
Stamp Camp is mostly about the projects and about the people, but wouldn't I be totally remiss, if I didn't talk about the food? The meal we share is one of the best parts of stamp camp.
These snowmen cakes are adorable. Amanda and Alannah made these and they were so rich! Alannah is going to chef school, so in the next couple of years we are going to get really lucky at some of our events with her fabulous foods.
This French Toast bake by Linda was so yummy, I think I ate several pieces myself. Hsiao-hui makes the best dumplings. I could eat the whole batch, but then I'd be in big trouble by the rest of the campers.

Paulette went to Panera's - our favorite bagel place for camp! The bagels were all sorts and my favorite is the one with the crunchy cinammon topping on it.
This salad was certainly a hit. Rita made these greens with a dressing that was out of this world!
This pasta salad was my favorite part of the meal. Kim and Cathy brought this and I think I could have eaten all of it if I was not on a diet.
I think Lori brought this vegetable tray with dip. It is such a delight to have fresh veggies at one of our events. At least we get the healthy tray that I know I look forward to.Cathy W. brought the Chocolate! Yes, can't forget the 5th food group now, can I? She brought regular m and m's and peanut ones. The peanut ones are my favorite. They aren't going to be pictured here, because they were almost all gone (I'm guilty!) by the time I went to take pictures.
Diana's hubby Ron grills for us every Fall. It is like a little piece of summer heaven remains. Grilled food just has a wonderful flavor.

There were so many other wonderful foods. I thought I captured them all on film, so I'll need to go through the photos again. Everyone brought something to share and that is what makes stamp camp great!

No comments:

Post a Comment