Tuesday, December 29, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINA!

My sister Christina Deyo has a birthday today. Many of you know her from her job as a top television producer at the Martha Stewart Show. I want to wish her the best birthday ever. She is also a happy wife and mother to 5 girls. Check out her blog - it is really good! We celebrated in NJ. This is one of the gifts I gave her. When I was on my RAD weekend, Jan took us to Boyd's Bears near Gettysburg. I fell in love with this Boyd's Bear - Nanette - named after Thomas Kincade's (the famous painter of light) lovely wife. This is a collectors edition bear and I know Christina really liked it. She is a collector of bears and dolls.
Although I gave Christina a different card, I wanted to show you all a birthday card I made. This one uses the brand new Occasions Mini Stamp set available January 5th. This set is called Something Sweet and uses the Sweet Centers cups. I love this new set. I love the gumballs and I love the gumball machine. There are some other adorable stamps in the set too. And guess what? You can purchase this set in the clear mount for easy placement of the parts off the gumball machine. Notice I also used the new SU! perfect polka dots embossing folder for the Big Shot. This is going to be a hot seller and it is priced right at only $7.95 USD.
The removable tag is from the Two Tags die for the Big Shot. This is probably the most versatile die made. If you don't have it, put it on your to purchase list. Sale-a-bration starts January 5th and you definitely want this one so you can earn FREE goodies! The ribbon is BRAND NEW SATIN RIBBON. You WANT this too! The ribbons come in so many different colors. In the sweet treat cup you could put actual gum balls or candy! This way the recipient has some cool treat they can easily remove and still save their card or even reuse the card! And you know what? You can mail this also. SU! has special padded envelopes for mailing!
On the inside of the card, I stamped a few gumballs. On the tag and on the inside I also added crystal effects to give a lacquered look that I just love. The sentiment is oh so Brand New as well and a MUST HAVE STAMP SET - called Well-Scripted. If you haven't gotten your new Occasions Mini catalog yet, it should arrive shortly in the mail, or watch for a link here on my website as soon as the mini goes live on January 5th. And let me just warn you that it is a huge fully filled mini catalog with lots of new punches and dies and stamps and ribbons and embellishments. Fortunately you will have until April 30th to purchase it all.

In the meantime, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINA!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Christina!! Hope you had a very nice birthday! - Sandi Haertig (Maria's friend)

    ReplyDelete