Wednesday, December 2, 2009

DAYS TIL CHRISTMAS PROJECT

DAYS TIL CHRISTMAS DECOR ELEMENT BLOCKS
STAMP CAMP PROJECT

This Days Til Christmas project was the highlight of our Holiday Stamp Camp. It is an heirloom project that I totally CASED from my upline Janet Wakeland. The only difference is that I decorated my Big Shot Tree. I knew the moment I saw this project at Janet's that my stampin group would love it! This project is great because it can be used year after year and my son is really excited each morning to count the days before Santa's big trip.
This project takes work to prep, but once you get everything ready to go (i.e. all the papers cut
and the card stock die cut) it goes rather quickly. Alannah is putting the finishing touches on hers.
Rita is adhering the timeless type (exclusive SU! Big shot alphabet) numbers to the chocolate chip circles also die cut with the Big Shot. The numbers were die cut in ultrasmooth ivory which coordinates the best with the merry moments dsp.
Cathy S. and her daughter Kim are working on their days til Christmas project. I must say this project did call for quite a bit of SU! sticky strip but you could have alternatively used crystal effects...and if you were Linda Kincaid doing the project, you would have used all crystal effects.
At the time we were making this project, I demonstrated 30 days til Christmas. As of this posting there are only 23 days. Where is the time going? Do you have all of your Christmas crafting done yet? And just a note....the tree is die cut with the Big Shot also. This was another die that Janet showed me how to use and believe me ... it is incredibly easy once you see it done once. There is a video on it if you google YouTube and it shows how simple this is. I should know...I made 16 of these Christmas trees in 2.5 hours watching the DVR of some Oprah shows.
Cathy W. is preparing her circles and alphabet. The blocks are natural colored decor elements blocks that are currently in the holiday mini catalog.

One of the first steps to prepare the blocks is to brush the edges with chocolate chip using a dauber. Amanda does this really nicely. You don't need to do the entire block, just the edges. This is a tip that Janet Wakeland taught me so that the blocks look more finished.
Cathy S. is lining up her SU! Billboard alphabet letters that were just die cut with the Big Shot. They are a decorative strip of alphabet letters that are so cool. Cathy seems to be really pleased that she has these lined up and ready for the blocks. These letters are best adhered to the blocks with a 2 way glue pen.
Now, talk about getting the letters just so. Diana H. has hers already on her block in perfect position.

Watch for more photos of the ladies and their blocks coming in just about a week when we start the countdown of the 12 Days of Christmas and we have a huge 12 days of Christmas SU! event to mark this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment