Saturday, December 19, 2009

THE MAKING OF MY CHRISTMAS CARD

MARIA'S CHRISTMAS CARD

This is one of the Christmas cards I made this year. I cased my card from Renee van Stralen and only changed a couple of things. One was the addition of the chocolate chip corduroy button, the other was the inside of the card.On the inside of the card I also stamped the tree several times but I added the Santa and sleigh with reindeer from the wandering words stamp set from the Holiday Mini. There is still time to get this stamp before it retires and then you will have that great mailbox with the letters stamp for Valentine's day. This set is available until January 4th only!
The featured stamp set was Lovely as a Tree. Do you know that this is the most popular stamp set by SU! ? I have owned this set since I became a demonstrator. It is one of the first sets I ever bought. I have used Lovely as a Tree a lot but never as the featured stamp set.
So here is my envelope and on it I stamped the tree first and then stamped it again a few times to get lighter images as if the trees are in the background. The other stamp sets used are the reindeer from Winter post and the sentiment from Christmas Greetings.
Each of the greetings for the front of the card had to be stamped using many merry messages NOEL and the SU! punch modern label. I stamped these on shimmer paper by SU! and up close and personal this is such an added touch!
These came out really nice and was something else I added to make the card my own!
The chocolate chip modern label that is slightly larger and borders the sentiment was die cut with the movers and shapers and my BIG SHOT!
This is the set Winter Post that I also love very much!
The edges of the card stock needed the eyelet border punch and that gave a really cool effect. The other card stock color that coordinated on this card was old olive. The dsp was some left over from last year by SU!
The snowflake is punched with the snowflake punch by SU!
Here are my envelopes. I stamped each of these for the Christmas card exchange with my stamping group. For this event I made 20 cards.

1 comment:

  1. Love your Christmas cards Maria - tfs - may have to buy that Winter Post set.

    ReplyDelete