Thursday, September 8, 2011

ANOTHER GENTLY FALLING - EMBOSSED IN GOLD

I am in love with this stamp set - GENTLY FALLING!  And I'm in love with the SU! designer specialty paper MOCHA MORNING!  I used both here on this card.

The papers in MOCHA MORNING are incredible.  Some are embossed with gold leafing and some have flocking on them.  The gold just shimmers.  I love every single paper in this set.  In an earlier post, I used this paper to make a card for my aunt's 75th Birthday.

I embossed the leaves on Early Espresso Card Stock and cut them out.  I also embossed the heartfelt from Fabulous Phrases stamp set on the punched label.  Originally, I didn't have the heartfelt there, but the card was a little naked without something there.  I would have put another leaf, but it would have unbalanced the card since I have the embossed acorn on the bottom.
This is the inside of the card.  I embossed the leaf right to the inside.  The acorn was cut out after it was embossed.  The envelope in this photo and the one above also has leaf outlines stamped (with early espresso classic ink) and embossed with gold embossing powder by SU!  I watercolored the leaves with early espresso ink. The sentiment on the inside of the card is from Nature Silhouettes.

I love embossing and am glad that SU! is offering different colors of embossing powder.  Check out my online store and look under shop now - embossing powders.  We have them in cherry cobbler, melon mambo, tangerine tango, wild wasabi - just to name a few colors.  There are lots!  We also have a new pewter embossing powder in the SU! Holiday Mini.

If you click on this photo below you will see the leaves in even more detail.
I promised more Gently Falling, so this is another one.  I'm sure I'll be doing more with this set.  In fact, if you like this card, we can do it at the next class later in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment