Thursday, September 15, 2011

OUT ON A LIMB - NEW HALLOWEEN SET FROM SU!

I made this card for the Remarkables Swap that Susan Adams is hosting.   We needed to choose a new SU! set in the Holiday Mini Catalog.  As soon as I got sight of the catalog and saw Out on A Limb I knew that I had to have it.  It's so stinkin cute!  The witch and the cat, the owl, the upside down bats, so adorable!  I think the set also has the cool moon and the witches broom is neat!  There is also a tree branch the pieces of the set can either sit on or hang from - how cool is that?

 For my card, I wanted to use a non traditional Halloween background color, so I chose Real Red.  It coordinated well with this NEW SU! dsp Frightful sight.  I also used the NEW SU! Lace Border Punch on the edges and complimented the card with lucky limeade card stock and ruffled ribbon.  The witch, the spider, and the moon are highlighted with brand new dazzling details (124117 $2.50).

Here's what the stamp set looks like:
I also love the cute pumpkins in the set.  Notice how they have cool mustaches.  And I see a lot of possibilities with the cloud, even beyond Halloween cards and projects. 

Lastly, the word SPOOKY was stamped in basic black ink.  It's from the stamp set Wicked Cool which is in the main SU! idea book.


No comments:

Post a Comment