Sunday, June 26, 2011

OLD AND NEW SU!

We are getting ready to start our NEW IDEA BOOK for SU! come July 1st!  I'm really excited about this!  The new book is just incredibly awesome (email me if you need a copy!).  I wanted to share some old and new SU! with you.

I made this card for my youngest sister Celena who is expecting her first baby any day and as I put on the card, he'll be so worth the wait!  I used some great SU! stamp sets and EMBOSSED with our new Embossing Powders.  We have them currently available in the NEW COLORS Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi.  They are so colorful.
 
The card base is wild wasabi layered with daffodil delight card stock.  I embossed the chair (Have a Seat), the goose (Cherish Friendship), the words (Word Play) and the baby onesie, bib, and teddybear (Baby Bundle).  The newest stamp set is Cherish Friendship.  The others on the front of this card a relatively new and are continuing into the New SU! Idea Book!  The ribbon is Peach Parfait, an in color that was introduced last July and will continue for one more year (stay tuned, because we are introducing 5 more colors July 1 that will be around for 2 years!).  I just love the seat.  You can put anything on this seat and it just calls out to you! 

This is the inside of the card before I wrote a note to Celena inside.  The doctor stamp is adorable but not SU! unfortunately.

Here's my envelope.  This is where old meets new.  The old set is not quite old yet, but is on the Last Chance List and that is Jumble Alphabet.  Thankfully I took a chance on it when it first came out.  I love alphabets!  I embossed here name with the melon mambo embossing powder.  This stamp set, like most alphabet sets, stays in my collection. It's really hard for me to give up alphabets!

The NEW is the delicate doilies I embossed on the envelope in wild wasabi and blushing bride classic inks.  I think they are truly delicate and delightful.  Watch for lots of things to be done with the doilies stamp set coming July 1.

Oh, and Good Luck Celena.  I'm thinking about you and can't wait to meet my new nephew!

No comments:

Post a Comment