Tuesday, June 21, 2011

CELEBRATING THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER

It's actually felt like summer here in Baltimore for the last several weeks.  It's been really hot.  Although last week we did get a little bit of a reprieve.  We had a thunderstorm a week ago Sunday and that followed with a cool spell that came down from Canada.  It was awesome.

So today is the First Day of Summer!  Time for the summer picnics, parades, pool parties and more.
The first two cards I made at my upline Janet Wakeland's home that use the SU! stamp set Sunny Fun.  This set is so cool.  I can't wait to use it on some of my scrap booking.  I have some cool photos of JP with his cousins at the pool that I need to scrap.

These flip flops are so cool.  They can be stamped all together or individually.  I love the little mini ones on the right!

Popsicles are the perfect treat for a warm summer day.  I highlighted these with the clear frames from SU!  We are using these in class tonight and on Thursday. They are still available even tho they are not in any of the current SU! catalogs.  They will be shown in the new Idea books that come out on July 1st!

You can see the highlighted portion a little closer in the photo below.
We also used some of the Brights DSP that I showcased the other day. It's great having dsp on hand in all of the SU! colors!

This third card is so cool for summer. I can't remember who designed the card, but I made it in a shoebox swap at the last Remarkably Hot Retreat!  I love the birds dancing in the bird bath.  This is from the stamp set Touch of Kindness, which is also in the summer mini book.  There is also a flower and a cat and some adorable sentiments in this set.

By the way...if you are interested in attending the Remarkably Hot Retreat in October of this year, there are 20 or less seats available.  Email me or my upline Janet Wakeland this week.  This is an awesome weekend of crafting with some of the best and most fun people I know.  This will probably sell out so act quickly to insure your spot today!


No comments:

Post a Comment