Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TEACHER GIFT

I really wanted to use the new builder wheels in the SU! mini catalog.  When I saw these new ones in the summer mini, I just knew that with a child still in grammar school, that I had to have them.  This book mark was the first project I made with them.  I liked that I could use an inked wheel with three different colors.  Now that SU! is making more builder wheels, this is so much fun to do different color combo's.  I used cherry cobbler, daffodil delight and pear pizzaz.  I used my Big Shot to die cut the letters from the broadway alphabet strip and riding hood red striped wide grosgrain that I got from the clearance rack. It actually went really well with the cherry cobbler, which is great to know for future use.  You can still get spools of that ribbon on clearance in my online store marked down from $9.95 to $1.99.  What a deal.  I also used an empty cd tin and embossed it with the stamp sets Baroque Motifs and Afterthoughts.  I used silver embossing powder.  This was a fun project to make.  Inside are some home made cards that Mrs. O'Hara can use when needed.  The book mark is embossed, by the way, with the square lattice embossing folder.

I packaged everything up in a SU! cello bag and added a cool tag that my son signed.  This always makes the presentation really cool!
These tins emboss very easily.  Just stamp your image in versamark, add embossing powder, and heat!
The inside has cards for all different occasions.  I stamped sentiments and punched them out and adhered to all of the cards.  I used our mini 3.5 by 5 inch cards.  These can be mailed!
Lastly, here is the bookmark for her.  Her class is 5I.  She could either use this as a bookmark or a nameplate for her classroom.  Hope you like these Mrs. O'Hara!



No comments:

Post a Comment