Sunday, July 4, 2010

CARD FOR THE FOURTH AND FIREWORKS AT THE CAPITOL

This has to be one of the fastest cards I have ever made. I quickly took my brand new SU! red, white and blue wheel and wheeled it in white across real red card stock. Then I stamped extreme elements in white (white stars) on night of navy card stock and another background stamp from the set onto the star. The red was backed with white scalloped along the edge and all the colored card stock was brushed with white. There is a clear rhinestone brad in the center of the stars which I popped up with a dimensional. The red white and blue (yes that is what it is called) is really great to have because it is so patriotic and you don't need to use it only for the 4th of July. There are so many great uses and I can't wait to use it to scrapbook trips to Williamsburg, NYC, Philadelphia, Washington DC and more. And of course it will be great for craft projects and cards.
Here is a photo I took of the fireworks in DC. Really cool to get a somewhat sharp photo of the fireworks and the monuments at night!

Happy 4th Everyone and Happy Birthday USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment