Friday, July 23, 2010

AROUND THE BLOCK SCRAPBOOKING

I held a class for our Youth at Church on Weds. night - it was called Around the Block Scrapbooking. This is the project I showed them. I basically "scrapbooked" highlights of our cruise this past May right onto the blocks.
I used a scrapbooking kit from SU! that I got a few years ago called Just Delightful. The colors were perfect and using a scrapbooking kit made it very easy especially when there are die cut stickers in the kit. The paper is gorgeous too!
The blocks are our decor elements blocks. You can get 4 of these for about $10 before s/h and tax. So each block is just under $3.
We have a new kit in our Idea Book this year....it is sticky back pearls. I love these really tiny ones. They were perfect for the centers of the flowers. After I photographed the blocks I actually went back and added more pearls to the larger flowers also.
My son learned how to do handstands in the water this past year, so no matter where he goes, he is doing them and the latest thing he can do is back flips. He's really quite good. He is actually taking a class that teaches these and other strength building and hand/eye coordination with his best buddy Ben.
Some of the die cuts in the kit were pretty large so I used our boho blossoms punch and punched out some flowers also.
This will make a nice addition to my desk at work. I am using the new travel paper in the summer mini to do highlights of our trip to Rome. These blocks go really quickly and make really nice gifts also.

1 comment:

  1. great idea, as always, too; love seeing travel pix..

    ReplyDelete