Sunday, February 1, 2009

SALE-A-BRATION STARTS TODAY!

Today starts SALE-A-BRATION! This is the BEST time of the SU! year! There are so many great deals! When you order at least $50 worth of SU! product, you can select any of the SU! sets for FREE! This year, there are 4 wonderful stamp sets, a package of DSP (designer series paper - 4 sheets of each design instead of 2. WOW!) and a RIBBON BUNDLE! I'm really excited about these. I was able to preorder the stamp sets, the paper and the ribbon, so I'm busy working on some new creations that I want to share with you. If you would like to see what you can get for FREE, go to the link on the right of this site to the sale-a-bration mini catalog and click on the photo. It will take you right to the mini book. There are lots of great samples inside also. The samples below all use the Botanical Blooms Sale-a-bration set. Although I don't think that the mini book did this stamp set justice, I was sure I would love it, and once I got it and started playing around, I new I just had to make lots of cards with this set. It is perfect for birthdays, anniversary's, sympathy, good luck, get well, just about anything. So here are a few of the cards, and I'll post more later.
This card above uses real red, kiwi kiss, whisper white and basic black cardstock. I stamped the image in black staz-on ink and then inked the coordinating stamps with real red for the flower and kiwi kiss for the leaves. This is a 2 step stamp, meaning that you can stamp the outline (and just color in yourself) or go to step 2 and ink up the coordinating image to give the inside of the outline color. They are not meant to be perfect, but if you must be perfect you can use a stamp positioner to line them up. I didn't use the positioner and I think I did pretty well. Next I added crystal effects to the flower and leaves to give it a glossy finish. Lastly, I ran the red cardstock through my BIG SHOT and got the gorgeous texture to the cardstock with the NEW TEXTURZ plates by SU! They are awesome. I also used the stamp set called All Scallops to get the kiwi colored design on the right hand side, and I added a black grosgrain ribbon.
This second card also uses the Botanical Blooms Stamp set and the NEW SU! TEXTURZ plate for the Big Shot. I highlighted the background a bit by gently rubbing the white craft ink pad over the embossed image. I used our new double sided kiwi kiss/vanilla satin ribbon and think it really goes well with this card. The colors of the cardstock are pixie pink and pink pirouette and the design is stamped similar to the one above with black staz on, kiwi kiss and pink pirouette classic ink pads on whisper white ultrasmooth cardstock. I also used the pennant die from SU! (an exclusive) and the BIG SHOT to die cut the larger scallop punch in pixie pink. It goes so well with our circle scallop punch. Of course, I used my favorite accessory - crystal effects - on top of the flowers. The sentiment on the card that I stamped in basic black classic ink is from the SU! stamp set called short and sweet(115060). I love those little script words and they are very economically priced.

This is one of my favorite cards. The background is whisper white. I made a 2 inch border piece from the new RASPBERRY TART designer papers from SU! They have some gorgeous colors in that paper. In an earlier post I showed the entire pack of this paper. It is double sided so you have so many choices. Behind that paper is riding hood red cardstock from our IN COLOR selection for the 08-09 Stampin Up! year. The ribbon is one of my favorites - riding hood red with a vanilla border around it. It is a taffeta ribbon and it really ties nicely and lays well on the card. The flower is stamped on whisper white with riding hood red classic ink. I used my aquapainter to color in the inside of the card. I used a watercolor technique and lightened up the ink a big that it looks almost pink or coral. I stamped the flower twice and popped up the center of the flower by cutting a smaller piece and adhering it with a stampin up! dimensional. Lastly, I punched out the flower on the whisper white cardstock with our exclusive SU! label punch. It really is perfect for a single flower. What do you think? Check back later for more SALE-A-BRATION samples.
I also want to let everyone know that if you order from my website, I have a FREE SU! idea book for you - at least a $9.95 value. This is free with any size order while supplies last!

No comments:

Post a Comment