Thursday, February 19, 2009

TWO CLASS SAMPLES

These are two of the cards we are doing in class tonight. The first is a pop up card that my new downline Tara Bouldin is making. She did a great job. The set used is Fun and Fast Notes by SU! She used her stampinwrite markers to color it in and then added dazzling diamonds. Cardstock is pink pirouette, chocolate chip, and whisper white. Really nice job Tara.
This is a card that I designed that uses the new CURLY LABEL BIG SHOT DIE that is exclusive to SU! I used Tangerine Tango textured cardstock and ran a 5.5 by 12 inch piece of it through the Big Shot. The die cuts the card perfectly and puts the top note/curly label punch wherever I want it on the card. Did you see the BIG SHOT video that it is on my website? It shows you how to do it. I also used some new raspberry tart designer paper and punched an edge with our scallop punch. Our new organza ribbon is awesome. It comes in white, but I dyed mine regal rose. I thought it went really well with the colors of the cardstock and the dsp. You can dye it in reinker or you can take a dauber and use craft or classic ink to apply. It is a really gorgeous effect. The flower is from the saleabration set that you can earn for free called Botanical Blooms. I watercolored it using the classic pads and my SU! aquapainter. Linda and I will demonstrate how to do this in class. Lastly, I stamped the same flower image with white craft ink on the bottom of the card, and also brushed the interior edge of the curly label die punch with the white craft ink to highlight it.

No comments:

Post a Comment