Tuesday, June 26, 2012

SIX MONTHS TIL CHRISTMAS, SERIOUSLY...NO PEEKING

Yesterday, I saw a post on another site with Santa Claus.  I had to read it.  It stated that there was exactly 6 months until Christmas (this was from 6/25).  I never seem to think of Christmas early until we hit July when all the craft stores start putting out the Christmas decorations for the crafters.  But it's true...we are now in the 6 month countdown until Christmas.  So appropriately, I'm going to share with you some cards I made for Baggie Book day at my upline Janet Wakeland's home.  They all use the stamp set in the SU! Idea Book called NO PEEKING.  This set is so adorable.  I see so many great ideas for this set.
 This card could certainly be my general Christmas card this year.  The colors are traditional and the sentiment so cheery.  The green in this card - by the way - is the BRAND NEW in color GUMBALL GREEN.
 This penguin really rocks!  I hand colored him with Janet's direction and he matches the card pretty well.  The black card stock is embossed with a BRAND NEW embossing folder for the BIG SHOT called DELICATE DESIGN.
This is one of the CUTEST tags ever!  The snowman is so cute.  The NO peeking sentiment is one of the sentiments in the set and for which the set is named.  I embossed the kraft card stock with the NEW ARGYLE embossing folder for the BIG SHOT.  Seriously, this tag might have to be made in multiples for Christmas gifts this year.  By the way, the snowman is heat embossed with white embossing powder and the heat gun.  DID YOU SEE THE BRAND NEW SU! HEAT TOOL with 2 SETTINGS!  SU! is the BEST!
 Talk about cute..that's this adorable reindeer.  It looks like I didn't do a very good job photographing this card.  So Sorry. We did use the WOODGRAIN background stamp and also used the cherry red liquid glitter on the nose and scarf.  This would be great for the postal workers and utility workers to give with their holiday gifts 

Now that it's official, I think I will start dreaming up some more great card ideas using Holiday and Christmas stamps.  If you are on my mailing list, you will soon receive the NEW SU!  HOLIDAY MINI.  Except  - it's NOT mini anymore.  We have a really NEW style that is 8.5 by 11. This new catalog is jam- packed with NEW items, including new framelits and matching stamps, new peppermint embossing powder (I'm so getting this), new punches, new ribbons, papers, stamps.  It will certainly feel like CHRISTMAS IN JULY when you get this mini. 

No comments:

Post a Comment