Wednesday, February 8, 2012

TO GNOME ME IS TO LOVE ME

The next card in the swap for our Chinese New Year event is stamped by the great Lisa Chatterjee.  

I had sent Lisa quite a few samples of gnome cards I liked that were stamped and presented at the SU! LEADERSHIP conference this past January in San Antonio, Texas. Lisa agreed there were a few really cool ones.  However, despite sending her some samples, she told me that no matter what I couldn't get her to like the new Gnome set in the SU! occasions mini catalog.  What?  It's so cute?  Well, to gnome lovers that is.  Once she said that. however, I went on a mission.  Maybe I wasn't going to get Lisa to like the gnome set (not my intention anyway), but I sure was going to challenge her to create her card for the swap using the gnome set.  You guessed it!  She actually took me up on the challenge.

And...here is what the very talented Lisa Chatterjee came up with.

I have to say, Lisa did a really nice job stamping the little girl gnome and coloring her in.  She chose a really cool SU! shade of pink for the dsp and background card stock - pretty in pink. She's adorable Lisa.

Notice that Lisa used one of the windows that is die cut using the SU! die that was in the Holiday mini catalog and good news!!! - continued over so you can still purchase it!  You can lift up the window and see the neat gnome sentiment inside!  This sentiment comes from the complimentary stamp set GNOMENCLATURE.
So despite all, Lisa is always up for a challenge and I love putting those challenges out there.  Lisa really worked hard to stamp a set that is not in any way in her comfort zone.  I am so happy she did, though.  I really like this little girl gnome.  The stamp set is so cute.  You need to see the little baby gnome that comes with it also.  Lots of stamps in this set make it really worth the money.
Celebrate the fun and fantastic world of gnomes! These diminutive woodland folk will light up your cards, scrapbook pages, and projects with their special charm. This magical twelve-piece set lets you mix and match to create your own tiny tableaux. Perfect for party invitations, tags, gardening themes, and even Christmas projects! Coordinates with the Gnomenclature Stamp Set.

Lisa, thanks so much for using the gnome set.  I think there are a lot of possibilities with this stamp set.  It's cute for all ages and really brings a smile to the face of the recipient.  I know it brought a smile to mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment