Thursday, February 16, 2012

ANOTHER TAKE IT TO HEART SALEABRATION SAMPLE

I've been so pleased with the Saleabration selections that SU! has offered us this year.  The stamp sets and the papers have been amazing.  I really love the Enchantment papers and used them again for this card.  These papers go really well with our IN COLORS for 2012-13 - in particular - lucky limeade, calypso coral, and pool party.  These are the colors I used here.  I embossed the bird in the heart using white embossing powder and did a heat emboss.  First ink the stamp with versamark or white craft ink (ink stays wet longer and holds the embossing powder), and then add white embossing powder.  Use of an embossing buddy helps keep stray powder off the image.  Next heat til the image "pops" of the card stock.  This stamped image is from Take it to Heart stamp set in the Occasions mini catalog.  I also distressed the edges of the dsp with my SU! distressing tool.  I'm going to send this card to my aunt today who is feeling just a little bit under the weather.  You may have heard me refer to her as the little songbird of the playgrounds.  Julie was a famous soprano from New Foundland in her day.  I hope she will like the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment