Monday, February 27, 2012

KATHY WINLAND'S MIXED BUNCH BUTTERFLY CARD

Have you seen the new SU! stamp set MIXED BUNCH?  It's a great floral set and it has a matching blossom punch.  If you look in the Occasions mini catalog (there is a link on my blog on the right hand side) you will see a great card in the catalog for this set (p 16).  Someone cleverly came up with cutting the stamped blossom and making it into a butterfly.  So very cool.  So, when the Stampin Sistah's got together this past December to preview the new sets, Kathy Winland came up with this great card that she demonstrated using the MIXED BUNCH stamp set.  Her butterfly looked exactly like the one in the mini catalog, however...my good friend Sandi cut hers just a little bit different (not sure if it was by accident or not) and I really liked her butterfly look.  I decided to go with that look on my card.  While the card below is what Kathy demonstrated, it is the card I actually made. 
Notice how I tried to dimensionalize my butterfly by curling the wings, and I also added some extra stamped wings on the bottom to try to simulate movement.  We used kraft card stock, pink pirouette card stock, soft suede and whisper white card stock.  The blossom, I mean butterfly - was stamped with soft suede, but I really think it looks gold in the picture.  We used SU! linen thread for the body and antennae for the butterfly.  The soft suede card stock is textured and we used the new SU! edglit to get the cool scalloped edges on the sides.  The ribbons are also SU!

This is a really great card and I must thank Kathy for demonstrating it.  I can't wait to make more butterflies with this set especially since Spring is coming soon.

MIXED BUNCH STAMP SET

Stamp beautiful, unique flowers or create an entire flower garden in no time with this intricately designed six-piece set. Makes a thoughtful gift! Coordinates with the Blossom, 3/4" Circle, and 1" Circle Punches.

THE BLOSSOM PUNCH 125603
Punch stamped images in the Mixed Bunch Set for beautiful, unique flowers in no time! Or punch an entire flower garden from card stock or Designer Series Paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment