Friday, February 17, 2012

FABULOUS FLORETS-CARD I'M IN LOVE WITH

I had to have this set- FABULOUS FLORETS- when it first came out.  To this day, I'm incredibly happy to have this set, still!  It's probably my number one "go to" set when I need a floral set.  I've made birthday cards, sympathy cards, wedding cards, engagement cards, get well cards, thinking of you cards and more with this wonderful set.  Even though we are in the midst of saleabration, I had to pull this set out and create something with it.  The great thing about saleabration as a demonstrator is that I don't have to only create with saleabration products as much as I love to.  I can show you anything, and today, I just had to show this card.
I started out with whisper white card stock that I embossed with the dots embossing folder for the BIG SHOT.  I then tone on tone stamped some of the flowers onto the poppy parade card stock.  Look carefully to see it, or just click on the card above and you will see it enlarge.  I stamped the flowers with the poppy parade ink right onto the card stock.  Next I added complimentary poppy parade twill ribbon which matches perfectly.  This is exactly what I LOVE about Stampin Up!  Everything coordinates!  The flowers were stamped with basic black ink onto whisper white.  Our whisper white card stock is so smooth and is so nice to stamp on.  I took out my aquapainters and painted the flowers with ink to match the card.  The Just for You sentiment was stamped in basic black and punched out.  Everything was layered strategically onto the card to make visibly appealing. I added dazzling diamonds glitter so that this card really sparkles.

I haven't quite decided yet who will get this card.  I probably have to keep it on my craft table for awhile to really enjoy it for awhile and inspire me to make something else similar.  I think I was originally inspired by looking at one of the cards craft magazines I have a subscription to, but it looks nothing like any of the cards in the magazine.  Sometimes you just need to grab a cup of coffee or tea, sit back with your feet up and just look at what's inside some of these magazines.  The other places I sometimes go for inspiration are to other friends blogs or to pinterest or just to some of the SU! websites.  Regular magazines often have great trendy color combinations to try.  My complimentary color  here is concord crush.  Both concord crush and poppy parade are in the in color groups for 2010-2012.  This June our new SU! Idea book comes out and we will have some new IN COLORS to try.  These 2 are part of the color group that is set to retire.  sigh!  If you like these colors, think about ordering them soon so you have them available to use on all of your favorite projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment