Thursday, August 5, 2010

THANK YOU FOR A FRIEND

This is a card I made for my good friend Sandi.  She is so sweet. She went to the SU! convention in Salt Lake City a couple of weeks ago and brought me some great goodies back.  I was so happy she was able to go since I was back here in Baltimore working and unable to go this year.  Some of the things Sandi brought me were a great scrapbook/craft tote, a laptop bag, some exclusive Christmas ornaments, some SU! exclusive merchandise and a SU! t-shirt. So to thank her, I sent this card off to her.  She should be getting it today.  I used greenhouse gala dsp from SU! that I embossed with the Big Shot.  I also embossed the card base which is done in one of my new favorite colors from the new colors SU! introduced this year called Marina Mist. I embossed the card base with the square lattice die. The taffeta ribbon (oh, you need to get this!  it is awesome!) is also in marina mist and is a deeper blue than the bashful blue taffeta.  I added a sticky back pearl (SU! just introduced these in July and they really are an added touch and so easy to use) and stamped thanks using the new stamp set Perfect Punches, which coordinates with our exclusive SU! punches.  I used stampinwrite markers so that I could get different colors on the stamp.  The highlighting color is peach parfait which is a new IN COLOR this year.

1 comment:

  1. Maria, you do so much for me and others, it was the very least I could do....my pleasure!! And I did get your card and it was a really nice surprise! Very nice! Thank you! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete