Tuesday, August 17, 2010

MORE GREAT CARDS FROM CLASS

Class at my home on Monday night was really amazing.  The ladies made some great cards.  Here is another Maria Pane original.  I am so proud of this card.  I used Travel Journal dsp and the stamp set Watercolor Trio.  These are in the SU! Summer Mini Catalog that is retiring on August 30th.  This stamp set is so versatile.  It has some fabulous verses as well.  I used From the Heart.  One lady did Birthday Wishes and another did From the Heart.  We added pearlized smooch paint and dazzling diamonds glitter.  Don't be fooled by the Travel Journal name of the paper.  This paper has some fabulous prints to it.
The ladies were really impressed with the Big Shot.  I had them all die cut some mini envelopes, but I think they really like the embossing the Big Shot can do.  In the card above they embossed the very vanilla card stock with the SU! vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  This is a great card for any occasion.

Here is the next card that we did.  I modeled the card design after the fancy fold card Hsiao-hui demonstrated back in early May when the mini catalog first came out. This card requires a 4 by 12 inch piece of card stock.  You score it at 2, 4, 8 and 10 inches and then cross score from the center of the lengthwise piece 4x to get it to fold this way.  I used my scorpal for the impressions, but you could use your paper trimmer with scoring blade.  If anyone needs more specific directions, email me.

This card uses the Travel Journal Papers also.  These papers are really neat.  The stamp set is perfect now that school is starting.  I love this little bookworm and I told the ladies last night that they could alternatively put pictures in the center and if it were a student making the card, one of the ladies - Suzanne - suggested that the students could write something about themselves on the blank areas.  A really cool idea Suzanne!  My son JP is entering 5th grade so I made this card in honor of him. This stamp set is also leaving us on August 30th.  It is called First Day. 

Here is the First Day Stamp set.
This is the Travel Journal Paper set.  This paper is retired on August 31st.  There is also a 6 by 6 mini album that coordinates nicely with this paper and there is a great travel stamp set as well.  We've used a couple of these papers over the summer for different projects. 
See the next post for the card that Hsiao-hui demonstrated.

2 comments: