Friday, August 6, 2010

A BIRTHDAY CARD FOR MY FRIEND JAN WAKELAND


I made this card for my friend and upline Janet Wakeland for her birthday.  I was a little absent minded when I addressed the card in that I don't think I put her zip code on the envelope.  Have you ever done that?  I will need to ask Jan if she ever received the card. Hopefully she did get it.  Her birthday was July 22nd and she was at the SU! convention.  Wow!  what a great birthday present!  I made this card using garden green, pretty in pink, white ultra smooth and so saffron card stock  I paper pierced the so saffron. I used the stamp set garden silhouettes for the main stamp and then teeny tiny wishes for the sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment on a curvy label punch that I cut in half for a different type of look on my card.  I also used pretty in pink taffeta ribbon (I love taffeta!) and linen thread to embellish.  Lastly, before adhering the so saffron card stock, I distressed the edge with the paper distresser.  I love that worn look.

No comments:

Post a Comment