Wednesday, August 11, 2010

SOME REMARKABLE SAMPLES

I did some card swapping this past weekend with some of my remarkable friends - Kathy Winland, Arleen Graham, and Lisa Chattergee.  Everyone did an amazing job with their cards and we had a great time at our Team Meeting.  Here are some photos from the meeting and some of the swaps.  First up is the very talented Arleen Graham showing one of her swaps.
This card is one of Arleen's swaps with Lisa, Kathy and I.  We made full cards. Arleen cased this from the main idea book.  The stamp set is For All You Do, which I love.  The bird and branch is punched out with one or our new EXCLUSIVE punches from SU!  Plus we have a NEW level 1 hostess set that allows you to stamp a patterned bird that you can then punch out.  Really cool.
This turtle was water colored very well by Arleen and the background stamp on the chocolate chip card stock is the wood grain stamp.  Love it and love the way she tied the ribbon to ribbon.
I missed out on taking a photo of my good friend Lisa Chattergee, but I didn't miss taking a photo of her great cards.  I love this one.  It has the French script background and the lattice die cut.  Lisa wanted to showcase our new crocheted lace.  Just awesome Lisa.
These  monsters are really fun to stamp.  Lisa brought her stamp set with her to the meeting so that we could all have the opportunity to stamp them.  Don't you love her little itty bitty button on the third monster?  Oh, and Lisa used the brand new swirly die from the upcoming Holiday Mini catalog.  If you are on my mailing list, watch for the mini to arrive within the next week or so. If you are not on my snail mail list, email me.

 Kathy Winland and I have been friends for awhile.  I think Kathy is a great friend and stamper.  She is very crafty!  Here we are photographed together at the team meeting.  We each received these parfait cups at the meeting with a sample of every colored ribbon and brad and button to add to our color coach. It was very generous for Jan Wakeland, our team leader, to provide this for everyone.

This is one of Kathy's cards.  We are always short on male birthday cards, so this one is really cool.  I think I'm going to have to CASE this one for my brother in law - luckily, his birthday is not until November, so I have plenty of time.  Notice how Kathy used the wood grain texture plate on the wild wasabi card stock.
Kathy used the new Elegant Lines embossing folder EXCLUSIVE to SU! on this card.  I love it.  She also showed us some cool things we can do with the new OWL punch that is also a SU! EXCLUSIVE.  By the way...this owl has so many different looks himself.  All you need to do to change his look is to change his coloring using different card stock or dsp.  But you can even change the expression on the owl by just changing which way his pupils are pointing.  Pretty cool, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maria, It sure is great to see everyones smiling face; I miss you all at convention this year hope you can make it next year.

    The card are all beautiful and I'm jealous that you all live close to Jan and are able to attend the team meetings. One day I will have to surprise you with a visit...giggle giggle. Thanks for sharing, I love to watch your blog. Have a great weekend. Andrea Shields

    ReplyDelete