Sunday, August 8, 2010

BECAUSE I CARE - 3 WAYS

Have you seen this new stamp set yet called Because I Care?  It is a brand new hostess set.  Because it is a level 1 set, it is pretty easy to earn.  Just have a qualifying hostess workshop (ask me how!) and you can earn this set for free.  I decided to try it out using 3 different color schemes.  The first one above uses so saffron and old olive card stock.  I embossed the so saffron card stock with the square lattice die.  I also used the Big Shot to die cut the large circle that I stamped the hydrangea on and layered it on the die cut scallop circle number 2.  The way I colored the hydrangea was to use my stampinwrite markers.  This card uses more mustard and old olive ink.  I stamped the image and then added more color with a so saffron marker and a certainly celery marker.
For this card I used pretty in pink for the card stock base and embossed it as well with the Big Shot.  The coordinating card stock is chocolate chip.  I inked this flower with regal rose and garden green and then colored in with markers - pretty in pink and certainly celery.
This last one uses concord crush card stock embossed with the Big Shot and pear pizzaz.  I took ivory 1/8 inch taffeta and colored it with a stampinwrite marker. YES! you can make any color ribbon you want with your SU! markers!!!  I stamped the flower with perfect plum and pear pizzaz.  The sentiment is from warm words.  I watercolored this flower with just water spreading the ink from the outlines. It gives a more subtle look.  Watch for more samples using this set soon. By the way, if the hydrangeas look a little glitzy that is because I applied the brand new transparent smooch paint to them and added dazzling diamonds!

No comments:

Post a Comment