Friday, August 13, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL

Today is my husband's birthday!  These are the cards we made for him.  The first is the card that I designed.  It uses crushed curry card stock as the background.  I precut that card stock to fold 4.25 by 7 inches.  I like that it is a longer than a traditional A2 card just because it is nice to give the hubby something a little different.  I used the stamp set grunge rock (guitars, crown and sentiment), extreme guitar (guitar player) and Extreme elements.  These sets are really cool.  After stamping I ran the card through the Big Shot with the square lattice die to emboss. I really like the effect.

This card was done by my son JP with a little help from me.  The card base is Bermuda Bay card stock.  The dsp is the tropical dsp from the summer mini catalog.  The stamped images and sentiment are from a NEW stamp set called Party On.  I stamped the balloons and Happy Birthday directly onto the dsp and then added crystal effects.  I stamped the pennants and then cut them out, punched holes in the top corners and added 1/8 inch basic black taffeta ribbon, and the die cut letters "dad" from Timeless Type (exclusive Big Shot letters for SU!)

This last card I made for Luigi to sign for his daddy.  I wheeled the SU! wheel P is for Paw with soft suede ink over a crumb cake card stock base.  Next, I ran the card through the Big Shot using the square lattice die.  I also die cut part of the top note die (exclusive to SU!) and stamped the dog and the paws from D is for Dog and the happy birthday from Party On.  The ribbon is dotted grosgrain soft suede which is retired but I love it and so I bought extra for personal use.

I had to show you the inside of the card because Luigi actually stamped his paws inside (with a little help of course - and I did get the ink off really easily with a washcloth). 


Well, here's hoping your birthday is really nice Bill!

1 comment: