Saturday, March 6, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANA

Diana Hnat's birthday was March 3rd and I wanted to share with you the card that I made for her. I used orchid opulence card stock and certainly celery designer paper. I love these 2 colors together. Diana loves spring and since we are having such a long winter here, I thought I would make the card with spring in mind. To me spring is the birds and the butterflies. I die cut the butterflies from the beautiful butterflies die for the Big Shot and embossed them with the elegant bouquet embossing folder. Swipe some white craft ink over the butterflies and the embossed areas really "pop." My ink color choice was rich razzleberry - one of the IN COLOR inks for this year.
Inside the card I stamped on whisper white card stock. I used a birthday phrase from the stamp set On Your Birthday, and the flowers are from Friends 24-7.
I also ran the certainly celery card stock through the Big Shot with the embossing folder so it too was textured. Diana was so excited to see that and thought that was a clever idea to run that paper through the Big shot also. I used the embossing folder Finial Press for that. The bird is from the stamp set Friends 24-7 also. The bold Happy Birthday is a former under $10 stamp that I just had to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment