Friday, March 26, 2010

GREAT SALEABRATION SAMPLES

I recently CASED this card from the web by Lisa Young! I loved her use of the sale-a-bration stamp set Vintage labels. It is a great stamp set you can earn for FREE. Speaking of FREE....there is just under a week left of Sale-a-bration and FREE STAMPS! This set is definitely one worth earning. Each of the stamps is meant to coordinate with our EXCLUSIVE SU! PUNCHES, so even more reason to earn this set. By the way, the card base is actually very vanilla but it may be a little hard to tell from these photos. The sentiments and labels are stamped in rich razzleberry ink on ultrasmooth white card stock.
I've also taken advantage of using another great FREE SALE-A-BRATION product - the scallop trim border punch. This punch will be available in the new IDEA book that comes out in July, but why wait and why buy it when you can earn it FREE! To me, this is our best border punch to date and it coordinates with an exclusive corner edge punch that is in the current Occasions mini catalog. The bird is punched out using the brand new EXCLUSIVE XL bird punch. I punched 2 feathers and note that I shaded the bashful blue card stock with bermuda bay ink applied with a sponge. I love this shading technique. The birds really pop right off the page, especially if you use a SU! dimensional to pop up the bird's wing.
The designer papers are from Tall Tales (yellow dotted), Shades of Spring (pink striped - from Occasions mini and available til end of April only), and from the designer series paper pack Sweet Pea (striped middle piece on above 2 cards, top piece and middle piece on bottom card). The other stamp set I used was the Define Your Life set which I absolutely adore because I think it is a timeless stamp set. It is available as a stamp set or as part of My Digital Studio.

I also used some SU! buttons and flower brads and tiny brads to accent the card. Using embellishments really makes a card special and unique and the recipient will feel so special receiving such a great home made card.

oh, and I also want to mention that I used a brand new stampin around wheel from the occasions mini catalog called spring floral. You definitely want to put this on your list because we are not sure it will carry into the new idea book in July and it is a really good wheel to have, especially for spring and summer cards and projects.


This last card is done with certainly celery and chocolate chip card stock. It just shows another way to make the same card with different colors. I also used some pewter brads and a large chocolate chip brad. The sentiment is from the set in the Occasions mini catalog Messages for Mom. That stamp set has some really fabulous sayings in it so don't disregard that set because it has a stamp for MOM in it. The sentiments and the flower alone are worth the price of the set.

Well, if you are coming to my Birthday Sale-a-Bration class tonight, you will be making one of the top cards. I think those who attend are in for a super surprise because we have some really great projects from talented stampers. Class is at Cathy Stritch's house and it will be her first time hosting. Can't wait. I'll be sure to post the rest of the projects over the weekend and the early part of next week. There will be at least 6 projects/cards including this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment