Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A VISIT TO WASHINGTON DC

A BIRTHDAY TRIP TO SEE
THE CHERRY BLOSSOMS

Sunday, we headed down to Washington, DC to see the Cherry Blossoms. I love to see these gorgeous trees all along the Tidal Basin! So beautiful each year. They are certainly out on time despite the crazy winter weather we had here! I would say that they are right on schedule for blooming and were about 70% full bloom. This coming Sunday which is Easter, they'll be even more gorgeous. Here we are as a family sans Luigi and Moochie at the Washington Monument.
Bill took a fabulous photo of JP and I. I was so happy to be here. They asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday (which is today, by the way - March 30th) and I told them I wanted to go to PF Changs for dinner and I wanted a Pandora Bracelet. So they nixed the PF Changs right away. Neither of them wanted to eat Chinese, so I told them well then I need to go see the Chery Blossoms. They both obliged. JP was really interested in seeing the monuments again. I have more gorgeous photos of those that I'll share later.
This is another great photo Bill took of me. I'm wearing a blouse that almost matches their gorgeous color and I have a cherry blossom necklace on that my friend Mary Jo Beskinski gave me! I just got my hair cut yesterday.
These were such a pretty sight. I will probably try to make plans to go back next year. My good SU! friend Cathy Stritch (who also just had a birthday) told me that there are bus trips and cruises you can take. I think if I can plan ahead a little bit, I can get a group to do that next year. If you get a chance and are in the area, head on down to DC to see these gorgeous Cherry Blossoms!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Maria, I hope these cherry blossoms are still in full bloom next week. We finally got tickets to get into the White House tour one day next week. I do hope they are still lovely as they are this day you were there. TFS

    ReplyDelete