Tuesday, March 23, 2010

EASTER BASKET from BASKETS AND BLOOMS DIE

This lovely Easter Basket is made with the SU! EXCLUSIVE BASKETS AND BLOOMS die by SU! I just extended it by using the the 2 basket pieces as ends and then adding a piece of card stock to the center to make the basket. I CASED this idea from Christine Grygar. She made a basket in sage shadow and I just loved how she made the round basket into this style basket that is perfect for Easter. She described how you can make this basket any size by altering the length of the card stock used, and that it would be great to put home made cards in the basket as another idea. I have a friend Susan Ehrhardt and she makes home made Easter candies each year and I think her eggs would be great in this basket.
The flowers on the outside come from the die Blossom party (115971 $17.95) and from the punch Boho Blossoms 110711 $15.95). They go perfect together. I used almost amethyst card stock and so saffron as well as some whisper white. I also used some white pearls for the centers.
The ends use the scallop circle punch that has a 1 inch circle punched out. I also added eggs that Hsiao-hui designed for us using the new extra large 2 step bird punch (117191 $15.95) from the Occasions Mini Catalog.
Here is a top view of the basket. Notice a few more Eggs that Hsiao-hui created. She used rub-ons and rhinestones from the SU! Eggcellent Egg kit that just recently sold out. I hope those that wanted it were able to order it. SU! buys some product in limited quantities, so watch closely when something is listed as limited. That kit was so awesome with all of the flowers you got inside, the rhinestones and the rub-ons also. So many things you can do with that kit that didn't have to involve decorating eggs necessarily.
A close up of the front.
Some more of the die cut flowers. I love this die! and I love my SU! Big Shot!
I dimensionalized some of my flowers. Just push them into a foam pad with a stylus and you can dimensionalize them. Just a little trick I learned from my good friend Diana Hnat!
The eggs from Hsiao-hui were really gorgeous. I think everyone really enjoyed doing the Easter Eggs.
Below is the baskets and blooms die for the Big Shot. It is a Shelli Gardner (cofounder and CEO and demonstrator extraordinaire!) exclusive die that you can only get from SU!
Baskets & Blooms Stampin' Up! Bigz Xl Die 113484
Price: $39.95

You can use this Shelli's Signature Collection Baskets & Blooms die to create adorable 3-D baskets and flowers from any piece of card stock or Designer Series paper. Cut tags and flowers from contrasting paper and decorate with Stampin’ Glitter or brads, then layer using StampinDimensionals and adhere to your basket for extra embellishment.


No comments:

Post a Comment