Thursday, March 11, 2010

GET LUCKY CARD

St. Patrick's Day Card for Class Tonight
I love, love, love this stamp set!!!! It is Picnic Parade from the SU! Occasions Spring Mini Catalog. It is so cute. I CASED this idea from someone and I wish I could tell you who, but I was checking out some websites and stumbled upon something sort of similar and just changed it up a bit to make it my own. The part I CASED was the animals holding the clover. I don't remember if the one I CASED used the same clover, but this is one gorgeous one from the stamp set Leaf Lines! Have you seen that set? It's got leaves for all of the seasons, and this very lucky clover in it as well. I made the grass by water coloring glorious green ink over the card and then using glorious green marker to make some single grass blades.
Some of the stampers chose to stamp Happy St. Patrick's Day on their cards and the UNDER $10 stamp Go Green. On the cards above, I used the SU! 3 by 5 cards with envelopes to stamp directly on. I love the ultra smooth finish and it makes it really easy to watercolor on or to ink with marker. Colors are very vibrant. Of course I added crystal effects to all of my cards. Crystal Effects makes even the worst coloring job look fabulous - although I think I did ok on my coloring. These cards are being sent to my sister and my parents for a Good Luck Wish for the holiday.
This is a little closer look at the grass detail and my water coloring. This bunny is so adorable, isn't he?
Inside the card they could stamp whatever sentiment they wanted. This set is great because you can earn it FREE for Sale-a-bration time!

No comments:

Post a Comment